Monday, July 4, 2016

Oldie Moldie Monday

I decided to make some Christmas cards for Oldie Moldie Monday even though it is the 4th of July.  I did get four cards made.

I had never used this stamp from Stampendous before so it falls into the Oldie Moldie file plus the paper is American Crafts 2014.  The sentiment stamp is from Paper Smooches and I found a stamp for the inside that also says something about cheer so it all works together seamlessly.

I made two of this card using the sketch at 52 (Christmas) Throwdown.  They had a sketch challenge this week.


Here is my card.  I had to fussy cut the polar bear - I think it is a polar bear.  Stickles have been added to the hat cuff and ball and also the green circles on the red package.


The next card is for the challenge on AAA Cards (CAS) where the challenge is to use a tag.  I hand cut the image into a tag shape.


I did try to keep it simple.  I did add a drop of glossy accents at the end of the twine to hold it in place.


I did try to keep it simple.  I did add a drop of glossy accents at the end of the twine to hold it in place.

The last challenge is from The Paper Players where the challenge this week is Christmas.


On this card the image overhangs the base of the card.  It still fits in a A2 envelope.  I like to mix things up a little in my style of card plus I had made my own card bases for the square cards and I had this size left over so decided to make this particular style.  The snowflakes is from my supplies.  It is made from felt.


I now have four more cards in my Christmas card supply.  I have used a few old supplies so I am happy.

Enjoy your 4th of July.

10 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

I love this, Barb! Your bear looks so cuddly and I love the added texture of the felt snowflake. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Jane said...

Two of my favourite Christmas colours, great combo! And a super snowman tag too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Fabiola said...

Super mignon, ce tampon est si sympa et les couleurs petillantent, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A cute and colourful image here. Great use of the tag and thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely trio of cards Barb - I particularly like the layering on the last one and the snowflake embellishment. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Lucinda said...

That polar bear is lovely - and works so well for the triangle in the sketch! I'm trying at the moment to always use things that have sat untouched in my stash for ages - it's very satisfying, isn't it!

Coralynn Murray said...

Love the polar bear on the tag and also how you coloured him in. Lovely colours. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Such a cute polar bear and a great card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

laurie said...

Cute bear and love those papers you used. So fun! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

What a great way to showcase this fabulous image. I love all of your cards but really like the fact that you popped the focal image off the edge of the card in this version. So glad you played along with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee