Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mixed Media Mojo September Challenge

Once again it is the beginning of the month and it is time for a new challenge at the MixedMedia Mojo challenge blog.  

The challenge for September is Back to School with the added twist of primary colors.


Well, my project went down a different road.  It is back to school inspired by my niece who is a teacher.  This project is dedicated to all the teachers who are heading back to school and what they may need by the end of the day.

The project started with a paper bag for wine from a store.  The bottle and glass are from the bottle.  I also used the red paper from the bag for the canvas.


Many layers of paint were added to this canvas.  I did not really like the project until I added the gold embossing paste and it brought the entire project together.

I did this a couple of months ago so I don't remember all the details on how I made the canvas and I do apologize for that.

Here are some close ups of several of the areas of the canvas.

Here you can see that I outlined the glass and bottle with a dark stablio pencil and smeared it a little.  You can see layers of gold embossing paste, black paint, white paint and black stamping.


I stamped the sentiment on a piece of the bag.  A border stamp was used around the sentiment.


The sentiment was created on the computer and printed out.  The red strip was from the bag also.


I hope you enjoyed my quirky take on "Back to School".  I raise a glass to all the wonderful dedicated teachers who help mold and teach our younger generation.

No comments: