Monday, May 15, 2017

Traveling Art Journal for Canvas Corp - April Edition

It is time for Group Two in the Travel Art Journal story to share their creations from April.  On May 1 - Group One - posted their April creations and you can find them at this link.

It is so fun to do this journal.  It shows up in your mail box, you get to see all the wonderful entries done before you and you hope that you will be able to create something as wonderful as what you have just seen.

It is interesting how each journal varies when you get it.  This one was hand made and you could remove the page and complete it and then put it back in the journal once it was completed.

My mind was on Spring when I created my page.  Every morning and then all day you hear the happy songs from the birds.  It is such a beautiful sound to hear and once in awhile you will get a glimpse of the bird who has the wonderful song you are enjoying.  I love to lay in bed in the morning and listen to them sing.  They make it sound like your day is going to be wonderful from the song they sing.

Here is a picture of the double spread completed.


I stamped the birds in black ink and clear embossed them.  I then cut them out.


I colored the birds with various High Impact Paints from Tattered Angels.


I die cut clouds to help me create my sky for the birds to be a part of.


I die cut branches from Kraft paper for the birds to sit on and sing their beautiful songs.


I used various Tattered Angel mist to color my sky background.  I then put my cloud stencils over the top once the background had dried and dabbed on white gesso to make clouds.  The branches were adhered with gel medium.


I colored a piece of gessoed book page and printed the sentiment on it and cut it out.  Do you know if you remove a sheet from your ink jet printer (especially if you have printed on a painted surface, you can heat emboss it.)


I stamped the sentiment from the bird stamp set on a cloud for easy reading.


Here is a close up of the two birds.  I love their colors.



Once again is a look at the finished journal page for April.  The Traveling Journal is such a wonderful artistic project to participate in.


If you wish to see all the April projects from Group Two, hop on over  to the Canvas Corp Blog - The Creative Studio.

No comments: